Learn More About Dr. Durbin
- Hometown: Lexington, KY
- Cassidy and Glendover Elementary, Southern Middle, and Tates Creek High Schools
- University of Kentucky (accepted early to dental school)
- University of Kentucky College of Dentistry:
- Doctor of Dental Medicine with Distinction on an accelerated didactic and clinical curriculum
- Department Awards in Orthodontics, Prosthodontics, and Restorative Dentistry
- USAF Dental Corps General Dentist at Shaw AFB, 9th Air Force Hospital Squadron, SC with additional training in oral surgery, endodontics, periodontal surgery, crown and bridge prosthetics
- University of Kentucky Orthodontic Specialty Graduate School
- Master of Science in Dentistry
- Over 1200 hours of continuing education since graduation
- Hobbies/Interests: traveling, slalom water skiing, small aircraft pilot, design and build home projects, spending time with my grandkids and family.
- Family: I am married to my beautiful wife, Regina Mary Sorrentino Durbin, and have 6 children and 8 grandchildren.
- Favorite Sports Team:
- UNIVERSITY OF KENTUCKY
- Whoever beats Duke to a pulp
- Whoever beats Tennessee to a pulp
- Whoever beats Florida to a pulp
- Whoever beats North Carolina to a pulp
Fun Fact: Fred Biletnikoff of the Oakland Raiders inspired me to become a wide receiver for my high school football team at Tates Creek high school in 1969 (then, I broke my femur and was in hospital traction for 6 weeks flat on my back... and that... was that. End of pro career!
- Favorite Ice Cream Flavor: Since I was two years old, my favorite ice cream has been hand packed strawberry ice cream. A very close second is hand packed fresh peach ice cream.
- Favorite Holiday: Resurrection Sunday (when we get to remember and celebrate the greatest redemption of all of eternity for all of us)
- Bucket List: Climb Mount Kilimanjaro and Machu Picchu
- Why you became an Orthodontist: When my best friend's father in the fifth grade took me fishing for ten days in the fall and ten days in the spring, I thought I had died and gone to heaven, so I thought, "I need to be an orthodontist so I can go fishing whenever I want!" ( I have only been fishing once in 35 years by the way.) So, I wanted to be and intended to be and sought to be an orthodontist from 10 years old.
- Favorite part of your job: That wonderful day when everything is finished and perfect and joyful...The drop-dead "killer" smile that makes everyone so very very happy!
Leave A Comment
* All information subject to change. Images may contain models. Individual results are not guaranteed and may vary.