"No-No" Foods (for braces ONLY)
Eating these foods will loosen the braces, delaying both treatment and improvement of faces. So avoid these foods, whether girl or boy, for your new healthy smile will give us all joy. The braces won't last forever you know, and when it's all over..."Yes-Yes" not "No-No." Brush after eating whenever you can, rinse with clean water if no brush is at hand.
- The crust of the pizza is the best part, but it's the place where the bent wires start.
- Hard rolls, pretzels, bagels & bones, knock off brackets & wires, so leave them alone.
- Doritos & tacos and all of the rest, will form a hard ball and make your braces a mess.
- Popcorn and the movies are fun for us all, but the pain that it causes is no fun at all.
- Nuts are always very tasty too, but we'll have to say, "no nuts to you."
- Beef jerky & Slim Jims are fun to eat, but for wrecking your braces they're hard to beat.
- Ribs & meats that are on the bone, are the kinds of foods you should leave alone.
- Raw carrots and rabbits go together well, but the damage they cause is easy to tell.
- Suckers are always a sweet delight, but they'll damage your braces if you ever bite.
- Caramel candy & jelly beans are a gooey mess and lots of fun, but they'll pull off your brackets before you are done!
- Sugary gum is fun to chew, but only sugarless gum for you.
- Pens & pencils are food for thought, but think of the havoc that can be wrought.
- Lemons will eat your teeth away, but lemonade or juice in tea is OK.
- Ice is nice in the heat we all know, but it destroys your braces, so a thousand times, "no."
With Invisalign, you can enjoy all of your favorite foods! Just make sure you remove your aligners for a maximum of 15 minutes only when eating. Once you have finished eating, we recommend that you rinse your mouth with water before reinserting your Invisalign aligners.