AcceleDent® Optima™ gives patients faster and more comfortable orthodontic treatment with braces or aligners. AcceleDent® Optima™ is the most advanced accelerated orthodontic device with a comprehensive suite of technology-driven features. Simple and easy to use, AcceleDent® Optima™ is clinically proven to speed up tooth movement while reducing orthodontic discomfort.
AcceleDent® Optima™ Reviews
"This review only contains a rating"- S.K. / Facebook / Sep 25, 2013
"Dr. Durban and his staff are wonderful. They answered all questions and helped me on my way to a better smile. Having completed my treatment, I am very pleased with the results. Would highly recommend them to anyone considering orthodontics."- R.K. / Google / Nov 11, 2016
"Dr. Durbin has been a great orthodontist! He helped fix my bite, helped me to stop tongue thrusting, and straightened my teeth. I would definitely recommend him and Clear Choice Orthodontics!"- L.K. / Google / Jul 11, 2016
"This review only contains a rating"- N.P. / Google / Jun 11, 2016
"This review only contains a rating"- A.H. / Google / Nov 11, 2016
About ACCELEDENT® OPTIMA™
AcceleDent® Optima™ is clinically proven to accelerate tooth movement by up to 50%. It’s the first orthodontic device of its kind to offer accelerated orthodontic treatment and help decrease orthodontic discomfort in a noninvasive, nonsurgical way. AcceleDent® Optima™ is also the first and only accelerated orthodontic device to connect patients and practices with an app to the monitor, monitoring, direct messaging & rewards. AcceleDent is only available by prescription from your doctor.
What To Expect
By inserting the mouthpiece fitted around your braces or aligners for just 20 minutes a day, AcceleDent® Optima™ speeds tooth movement through the use of SoftPulse Technology®. The patented SoftPulse Technology applies precisely calibrated vibrations called micropulses that transmit through the roots of your teeth to the surrounding bone. This gentle vibration helps increase the cellular activity and speeds the rate in which your teeth can move. AcceleDent’s gentle micropulses can also reduce orthodontic discomfort for patients of all ages, including children, teens and adults.
Plan Your Procedure
Great results, less time
AcceleDent® Optima™ was designed to fit your lifestyle. Use the hands-free device for just 20 minutes a day during routine activities such as reading, watching TV, listening to music, browsing the internet or showering. AcceleDent® Optima™ combines high-tech performance features and a comprehensive app to enhance your accelerated orthodontic experience and empower you to become a full participant in your treatment.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How does AcceleDent Optima work? By inserting the Mouthpiece, fitted around your existing fixed braces or clear aligners, and turning on the Activator for 20 minutes every day, AcceleDent Optima can speed up tooth movement by using SoftPulse Technology®. Faster tooth movement can decrease the duration of your orthodontic treatment and may help to make your orthodontics more comfortable.
- Is AcceleDent Optima safe? Yes. AcceleDent with SoftPulse Technology has been demonstrated safe and reliable in U.S. clinical trials.
- Can I take my AcceleDent Optima on an airplane? In general, all batteries in all forms of transportation (ground, air or ocean) must be packaged in a safe and responsible manner. Regulatory concerns from all agencies for safe packaging require that batteries be packaged in a manner that prevents short circuits and be contained in “strong outer packaging” that prevents spillage of contents. AcceleDent has been designed to be compliant with these regulatory concerns.
- Does Ibuprofen use affect AcceleDent efficiency? Occasional use of ibuprofen/naproxen is not a contraindication of AcceleDent use. There have been studies in orthodontics in general about NSAID use that show a decrease in osteoclastic activity which may reduce the rate of tooth movement, but there have not been specific studies with AcceleDent. We recommend the doctor take these general studies into consideration, and at their discretion they may recommend alternative pain relief medications.
- How do I register for my warranty? Download the AcceleDent App and sign up as a patient, follow the prompts on the app for to sync your device to your account and register your warranty or call AcceleDent Customer Service for assistance.
- Is AcceleDent eligible under my Healthcare Savings Account (HSA)? When prescribed by a licensed dental professional, AcceleDent may be eligible under your HSA; however, it is always a good idea to check with your HSA Plan Administrator.
- What should I do with my AcceleDent Optima once treatment is finished? In order to protect and preserve our environment, the Activator Assembly, Charging Case, USB Cable and Power Adapter should be disposed of at a designated collection facility for batteries and other electrical devices like cell phones, computers, video games and electronic tools.
Use and Care
- Do I have to do the full 20 minute treatment at one time? Yes. It is recommended that you use your AcceleDent Optima for a continuous 20 minute period each day.
- If I use AcceleDent Optima for more than the recommended 20-minute treatment time, does it add incremental benefit? Additional use has not been tested or determined to provide incremental benefit.
- Can I use my AcceleDent Optima in the shower? Yes. The AcceleDent Optima Activator is waterproof and can be used in the shower.
- Should aligners be removed or kept on during AcceleDent use? AcceleDent micropulse vibration works on a cellular level to motivate tooth movement, so aligners do not need to be on for AcceleDent to work. Lightly biting on the mouthpiece may help ensure that the aligners have the optimal points of contact with the teeth. Please refer to your orthodontist for recommendations for your specific treatment plan.
- How many times can I pause during a session? You may pause the session up to 6 times. The timer will automatically turn the Activator off and reset the session time on the 7th time the On/Off button is pressed.
- How do I know if I am biting into the Mouthpiece correctly and with the right amount of force? Bite pressure on the Mouthpiece should be just firm enough to hold AcceleDent Optima in place without using your hands. Avoid biting forcibly on the Mouthpiece as that may cause excessive wear. Try relaxing your jaw and facial muscles, while maintaining enough force to stabilize the Mouthpiece, this will improve comfort.
- Can I sanitize my AcceleDent Optima and share it with a friend or family member who also has braces? No. AcceleDent Optima is a FDA cleared, single-user prescription device. Sharing is prohibited for your safety. Your orthodontist prescribed AcceleDent Optima for your use only, based upon your unique orthodontic treatment plan. Use of AcceleDent Optima without the supervision and direction of an orthodontist may result in adverse unintended consequences.
- Is AcceleDent Optima waterproof? The AcceleDent Activator is IP67 and is waterproof. The Charging case is IP32 and is not waterproof.
- What should I do if the Activator will not turn on? First, make sure that the Activator is charged. Place the Activator securely in the Charging Case and ensure it is plugged in to wall power using the provided AcceleDent power adapter and USB cord. If the Activator LED turns orange, then the Charging Case and the Activator are working properly and may just need to be charged further. If the Activator LED indicator does not light up, please check your Charging Case’s power connection. If the Charging Case is properly plugged in, please contact OrthoAccel Customer Service for further assistance.
- What should I do if the Activator will not charge? If the Activator LED indicator does not light up orange when placed securely in the Charging Case, please check the Charging Case’s power connection. If the Charging Case is properly plugged in to wall power using the provided AcceleDent power adapter and USB cord, please contact OrthoAccel Customer Service for further assistance.
- What if the Activator will not start and the light is blinking orange and blue? The Activator will deactivate after completing the equivalent of 24 months of 20-minute daily sessions. If you are in the middle of a treatment plan, please contact your orthodontist.
- What if the mouthpiece is too big? The AcceleDent Optima mouthpiece is designed to be easily modified by your Orthodontist. Please contact your Orthodontist and they will be able to modify the mouthpiece to fit you better.
- What if my teeth don’t touch the mouthpiece all the way? As demonstrated in a study by Dr. Dawei Liu of Marquette University, vibrations are highly transmissible and maintain nearly the same magnitude of force throughout the dentition even when not all teeth are touching the mouthpiece. At least 2 points of contact, one on each side, should ensure there is a closed loop between left/right sides for sufficient transmission of AcceleDent’s pulsatile forces.
- Do I need to use the AcceleDent App? The AcceleDent App was developed to provide doctors and patients an easy way to track usage and provide motivation during your orthodontic treatment. It is not mandatory for AcceleDent use, but your Orthodontist may strongly recommend its use so that they can easily see if you will be experiencing the intended faster treatment by using your AcceleDent for the recommended 20 minutes every day. The app is also an easy way to register your warrant and connect with your practice through the app’s messaging feature.
- What do I do if I forget my password?
- In Mobile App or Web Browser click on Forgot password link
- Enter your email address. (The Mobile App/Web Portal will then check to see if email address is in valid format. An error message will be presented if there is no match, otherwise continue.
- Now, check your email for a message from OrthoAccel.
- Click the link which brings you to a change password Browser page sent by OrthoAccel.
- Update your password.
- You may now go back to APP/Web Portal to log back in with your new password.
- How can I pair my Activator if I no longer have access to the packaging? Use the barcode located on the bottom of your Charging Case. Make sure you have good lighting to use this barcode.
- What if my Activator won’t sync?
- First make sure that you have internet and Bluetooth connection turned on.
- Next make sure that your Activator is charged or is in the process of charging.
- Your Activator must be nearby your mobile device and “working” to sync properly.
- If you still have problems after checking the above, please contact OrthoAccel Customer Service and we will be happy to walk you through syncing.
- I typically have Bluetooth turned off. Can I disable my Bluetooth and just sync when I’m ready to turn it back on? Bluetooth does need to be enabled on your device in order for AcceleDent to sync to the App. But if you usually leave Bluetooth off on your phone, AcceleDent will store your data for 30 entries until it can sync with your device again. As long as you enable Bluetooth on your device with your AcceleDent nearby, you can successfully sync your data when you want.
- How many mobile devices can I have the AcceleDent App downloaded on? A maximum of 5 devices can be used with your AcceleDent account.